Sep 7, 2009

All Tarted Up

Oh my. I've gone and done it again haven't I? Crap. Where does the time go?? Hmmm, would you like to hear my mea culpa now, or shall I just run the same old tired excuses by you again? 

Well, the good news is I haven't been hanging out in restaurants since we last talked. But I haven't been at home either - I've been enjoying the best perk of entertaining your friends. Are you ready? Here it is... If you invite people over, they will oftentimes invite you back over to their house! So I've been enjoying the hospitality of family & friends and just generally having a lovely time.

But somehow when you write about food and entertaining, it doesn't seem right to sit back and let the party happen without helping out. Remember the crostata from a few weeks ago?  I made this Ginger Plum version twice this week and it was a huge hit.

I used the same basic method as before with a filling of sliced plums, a few teaspoons of ground ginger and the juice of half a lemon. It takes about 5 minutes to assemble and 40 minutes in the oven - so simple. Served warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream... yeah, you'll get invited back for sure.

No comments: